DSC Core Functions
- Provide effective, and reasonable academic accommodations and related disability services to UCI students, Extension and Summer Session students, and other program participants.
- Consult with and educate faculty about reasonable academic accommodations.
- Strive to improve access to UCI programs, activities, and facilities for students with disabilities.
- Advise and educate academic and administrative departments about access issues to programs or facilities.
- Monitor and promote campus compliance with requirements under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Consult about disability compliance issues or concerns with the UCI Office for Equal Opportunity and Diversity.
- Promote increased awareness of disability issues on campus.
DSC staff can provide details about disability services and are available to meet with prospective students. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact DSC by phone (949-824-7494), TDD (949-824-6272), email, letter, or in person. Early planning is encouraged to allow DSC staff adequate time to make the necessary arrangements for support services.